Biography as of May 2020
David Barr currently sits on the board of directors of a variety of public and private entities, both domestic and international, with focus on consumer facing companies. Barr currently is a member of the following board of directors –
1) Partner, Franworth (franchise development partner to franchisors) with equity interests in Lash Lounge, CityRow, Madison Reed Franchising, Skoah and LiveWell.
2) Chairman, Your Pie (fast casual pizza franchisor)
3) Board of Directors of Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop, Inc. (franchisor of premium sandwich shops)
4) Board of Directors of Chicken Salad Chick (franchisor of specialty restaurants)
5) Board of Directors of BrightStar Care (franchisor of home healthcare services)
6) Board of Directors of TITLE Boxing Club (franchisor of boxing fitness clubs)
Restaurants and Other Consumer
1) Board of Directors of Domino’s Pizza – China (franchisee of all of China for Domino’s)
2) Board of Directors of Outwest Restaurant Group (franchisee of 93 Outback Steakhouse restaurants)
3) Board of Directors of Heritage Restaurants (large franchisee of Wendy’s)
4) Board of Directors of Farm Burger (owner and operator of premium grass-fed beef restaurants)
5) Chairman, Retail Credit Solutions, an administrator of private label credit card solutions for retailers
1) Chairman, International Franchise Association (2019-2020)
In addition to the above positions, utilizing his own private equity, Barr is a franchisee of 30 KFC and Taco Bell restaurants, as well as 3 units of Spice & Tea Exchange and one Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop. Barr has also invested in various commercial real estate projects in Georgia and Alabama as well as certain other small private equity ventures.
David Barr has previously held the following positions
1) Board of Directors of Del Frisco Restaurant Group (dba Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouses, Del Frisco’s Grille, Barcelona, and Bar Taco restaurants; NASDAQ listed) 2008-2019
2) Board of Directors of Bistro Group (large franchisee of TGI Fridays and McAlister’s) 2008-2016
3) Board of Directors of Famous Brands (franchisor of Mrs. Fields Cookies and TCBY), 2007-2015
4) Board of Directors of Real Mex (franchisor of Chevy’s and operator of El Torito), 2014-2015
5) Chairman of Rita Restaurants Corp. (dba Don Pablo’s Mexican Restaurants), 2007 to 2014
6) Board of Directors of JB Weld (consumer package goods adhesive company), 2012 to 2015
7) Chairman of The Jewellery Group (approx. 130 retail jewelry stores in Australia), 2011 to 2104
8) Board of Directors of Wornick, Inc. (food manufacturer), 2013 to 2014
9) Board of Directors of Consolidated Wings (franchisee of Buffalo Wild Wings), 2012-2013
10) Chairman of Samuels Jewelers (7th largest specialty jewelry company in the U.S.), 2000 to 2006
11) CEO of Great American Cookies (franchisor of 360+ retail cookie stores), 1994-1998
David began his career with Price Waterhouse (1986-1991) and then joined Pizza Hut within its finance department (1991-1994) before joining Great American Cookies as its CFO and then becoming its CEO.
In recent years, Barr has been a frequent speaker on Capitol Hill and has met with congressional leaders, White House staff, and various executive branch staff to discuss the impact of laws impacting small businesses and franchising. In addition, Barr has been interviewed on Fox News, Fox Business, CNBC, and Bloomberg, and his experiences have been written about by New York Times and International Business Times. David has also written OpEd pieces for Wall Street Journal. David resides in the metropolitan Atlanta area.